Assistance Summary Window
|The Assistance item was added in 6.0.|
The assistance to both individuals (direct and indirect beneficiaries) and communities may be recorded with this new object in version 6.0. Assistance is the action of assisting victims. Monitoring of assistance projects may be done with the existing Task module.
- an individual;
- a family / extended family;
- a group of victims;
- a community.
The business rules for calculating which pillar a victim is at must take in consideration the following:
- There is no global definition of number of pillars
- There are no mandatory pillars
- There is no chronological or logical order between pillars
- A victim may receive assistance of more than one pillar at the same time
- A victim may receive assistance of a pillar more than once.
Given Assistance subobject
The Assistance (actions) may be classified in the following phases:
- Emergency (health care and humanitarian aid)
- Stabilisation (health services, education, economic reintegration and physical accessibility)
- Transition (social inclusion, advocacy, data collection and physical accessibility)
- Protection (risk analysis)
- Legal support (law/policy)
- Institutional reinforcement (institution staff support, education/awareness and access to services)
Each country needs to define what is included in each of the above phases/pillars.
Assistance items may contain more than one Given Assistance.
|The Assistance item has a status and each row in the subobject Given Assistance has a status.|
The parts of the Summary window are explained here.
|The Inspiration Data Entry Form template for Assistance has been updated to included the field Status changed date and is available for download here.|
Guidence on Victim assistance reporting
Read more about Victim assistance in the different conventions on:
- Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention
- Convention on Cluster Munitions
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities