Installation package for SAG is not working
This workaround is for cases when the installation package i.e. etl-setup.exe does start but the graphical installer does not. In the case of the installation package for the Staging Area Generator this means that you see a command/DOS window opens but closes immediately.
The reasons why that the installation package does not may be:
- the installation package was damaged when uploading/downloading
- not all parts of a multi-part the installation packages have been downloaded/unzipped together
- permission problems
- not possible for the installation program to create folders on C-drive
- the computer have problems with jar-files
- Copy the folder C:\IMSMAETLTool from another computer where the installation worked.
- Create a shortcut on the desktop.
- Create a shortcut in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\IMSMA.
- Values for the shortcuts
- Target = C:\IMSMAETLTool\bin\etl.exe
- Start in = C:\IMSMAETLTool
- Icon = %SystemDrive%\IMSMAETLTool\icons\new_IMSMAin24.ico
- Start the Staging Area Generator.
- To fully test if it works well then use the script in C:\IMSMAETLTool\sqlscripts.
- If there is no error messages and the generation of the database starts then all is fine.