From IMSMA Wiki
|To add a Place, your IMSMANG user account must belong to a User Role that has permission Places with Read and Write level. Contact your IMSMANG Administrator if you have questions on permissions.|
To add a place to IMSMANG:
- In the Data Entry menu → Places.
- Click the button.
- Enter a unique identifier for the place in the Place ID field.
- Enter the name of the place in the Place Name field.
- Select the Type from the drop-down list. Note that a type value must be selected.
- Enter a description of the place in the Description field.
- If there are any fields in the Custom Defined Fields section, enter data in those fields.
- Enter the place address in the Address field.
- To select a Country Structure reference, click the button. The Country Structure Selection window displays.
- From the Country Structure Selection window:
- Select the country structure. Click the icons to expand the country structure tree.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the coordinate reference system that you would like to use from the Coordinate System list.
- Select the coordinate format from the Coordinate Format list.
- There are several options for entering geospatial data. These options and the page on which you can find additional information are listed in the table below.
- Click the Save button.
Place Editor Window
The Country Structure Selection window closes.
|Entering Geospatial Data for a Place|
|If you want to…||Refer to…|
|Manually add geospatial points and polygon/polyline points||Manual Geospatial Data Entry|
|Draw on the map to specify point, polygon, and polyline coordinates||Draw on the Map to Specify Geographic Coordinates|
|Import geospatial data from Excel||Import Geospatial Data from Excel|
|Import geospatial data from shapefile||Import Geospatial Data from Shapefile|
|You can preview the points that you have entered on a map by clicking the button.|