Save the Page Layout as a Template
From IMSMA Wiki
|Since mxt files are not supported with ArcGIS 10.1 this function has issues.|
A map Layout includes any shapes, text, page setup options, images, scale bar, north indicator, or legend that you have added to the map Layout. To save a Layout:
- Click the button on the Map Layout toolbar.
- The Save window displays.
- From the Save window:
- Change file type to All files.
- Navigate to the directory where you would like to save the Layout.
- Enter a name for the Layout (e.g. MyLayout.mxd) in the File Name field.
- Click the Save button.