Start and Configure iReport
iReport is a third-party application that allows you to generate custom-defined reports on IMSMA data. Using iReport, you may define the attributes that are returned by a report and also customise the appearance of the report.
iReport is installed with IMSMA and may be started via the IMSMA Tray Launcher. To start iReport:
- Ensure that the IMSMA server is started
- Right-click the IMSMA Control Centre icon that is displayed in the lower, right corner of your Windows’ desktop.
- Select the iReport option.
- Select the Start iReport option.
|The steps in this section will only need to be completed once.|
Setting the Compilation Directory
As reports are generated, iReport creates several files which it uses to produce the report results. To set the compilation directory:
- From the Options menu, select Settings.
- The iReport – Options window displays the General tab.
- Select the Compiler tab.
- Check the Use Reports Directory to Compile checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
- The iReport – Options window closes.
Importing Data Sources
To import the data sources that are available for IMSMA:
- From the Data menu, select Connection/Data Sources.
- The Connections/Datasources window displays.
- Click the Import button.
- The Open window displays.
- From the Open window:
- Navigate to the <IMSMA Installation Directory>\iReport\IMSMA Data Sources directory.
- Select the IMSMA data sources.xml file.
- Click the Open button.
- A window displays how many connections were imported.
- Click the OK button to close the window that displays the number of imported connections.
- Close the Connections/Datasources window by clicking the button displayed in the upper, right corner of the window.