Start and Configure iReport
The sections in this article will guide you through starting and configuring iReport.
iReport is installed with IMSMA and may be started via the IMSMA Tray Launcher. To start iReport:
- Ensure that the IMSMA server is started
- Right-click the IMSMA Control Centre icon that is displayed in the lower, right corner of your Windows’ desktop.
- Select the iReport option.
- Select the Start iReport option.
|The steps in this section will only need to be completed once.|
Setting the Compilation Directory
As reports are generated, iReport creates several files which it uses to produce the report results. To set the compilation directory:
- From the Options menu, select Settings.
- The iReport – Options window displays the General tab.
- Select the Compiler tab.
- Check the Use Reports Directory to Compile checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
- The iReport – Options window closes.
Importing Data Sources
To import the data sources that are available for IMSMA:
- From the Data menu, select Connection/Data Sources.
- The Connections/Datasources window displays.
- Click the Import button.
- The Open window displays.
- From the Open window:
- Navigate to the <IMSMA Installation Directory>\iReport\IMSMA Data Sources directory.
- Select the IMSMA data sources.xml file.
- Click the Open button.
- A window displays how many connections were imported.
- Click the OK button to close the window that displays the number of imported connections.
- Close the Connections/Datasources window by clicking the button displayed in the upper, right corner of the window.