The Data Entry Form templates listed in the My Templates folder of the elements pane in the Data Entry Form Template Designer window are the templates that you have created. Each of these templates has an associated XML or FFML file located in the <IMSMA Installation Directory>\client\FormTemplates\MyTemplates folder.
|| These steps are done outside of IMSMA.
To share a template with other sites using IMSMA:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Locate the files in the <IMSMA Installation Directory>\client\FormTemplates\MyTemplates folder that are associated with the Data Entry Form template(s) that you would like to share.
- E-mail the Data Entry Form template’s XML file(s) to the person(s).
- The person receiving the file(s) will need to copy the file(s) into their <IMSMA Installation Directory>\client\FormTemplates\MyTemplates folder. After the file(s) have been copied into the folder, the IMSMA client will need to be restarted to make the Data Entry Form template available from the My Templates folder.
|| A few important notes:
- Templates can be shared even if they are not published.
- The file can be renamed but it must have an .ffml extension. Renaming the file in the file directory also changes the file name in the My Templates folder.
- When sharing Data Entry Form templates, the CDFs and option selection values must be the same or the Data Entry Form template will not publish (case-sensitive).