Restore IMSMA Backup on Server
|If you are restoring your IMSMA data due to a system crash, you will first want to re-install IMSMA and its supporting applications.|
|If you are running IMSMA in a client-server configuration, the following procedures should be performed on the IMSMA server.|
To restore IMSMA data:
- Before beginning the restoration process, verify that the IMSMA server and all IMSMA clients have been shut down.
- If the IMSMA Control Centre icon is not already displayed in the lower, right corner of your Window’s desktop, double-click the IMSMA Tray Launcher icon on your computer’s desktop.
- Right-click the IMSMA Control Centre icon that is displayed in the lower, right corner of your Window’s desktop.
- Select the IMSMA Backup and Restore option.
- Select the Start Restore option.
- The IMSMA Restore window displays.
IMSMA Restore window
- Click the button.
- The Open window displays.
- From the Open window:
- Navigate to the directory from which you would like to restore your IMSMA data.
- Click the Open button.
- The name of the directory displays in the Select the directory you want to restore from field.
- In the Include the Following section, each item that is available to be restored is checked by default. Uncheck the checkbox () next to each item you do not want to restore.
- Items that are disabled were not backed up to the file you selected to restore and cannot be included. If you do not check any items, only the IMSMA database will be restored.
- Click the Restore button.
- A window displays one of the messages listed in Table.
- Enter the database password.
- Click the OK button.
- Your IMSMA data is restored from the backup. When the restore completes, a message window displays.
- Click the OK button.
- The message window closes and the tray launcher closes.
|When selecting the directory from which you would like to restore your IMSMA data, be sure to select the directory that is named with the date and time the backup was performed.|
If you see this message It means Please enter Password Continue to the next step. No action taken. Database restore can only be performed on the Server. The IMSMA database can only be restored on the server and your computer is configured as a client, not a server. Although other data can be restored on a client computer, you requested to restore the IMSMA database only or no other data was available, so no data was restored.
Restore Complete. Please note that the IMSMA database was not restored. Database restore can only be performed on the Server. The IMSMA database can only be restored on the server and your computer is configured as a client, not a server. The other data you requested to restore has been restored, but the IMSMA database has not been restored.