Reconcile as New
This section provides instructions for creating a new item record three different ways, by using the Reconcile as New button to select items from a list in the fewest number of steps, the Reconcile without Map button to select items from a list, and the Reconcile on the Map button to locate items on the map.
To create a new item record:
- From the Reconciliation tab of the Field Report Editor window, select the row associated with the item record you would like to reconcile.
- If you want to go directly to selecting the location to assign the item record to, continue to step 2.
- If you want to reconcile the item record without using the map, click the button and, when the Field Report Reconciliation window displays, select the Reconcile as New option. Click the OK button, and then continue to step 3.
- If you want to reconcile the item record using the map, click the button and, when the IMSMA Navigation window displays, select the row associated with the item record you would like to reconcile. Continue to step 2.
If the selected item record is a location, “New” displays in the Association/Reconciled column. The item record will be created as a new location when the field report is approved. You will not need to complete the remaining steps.
If the selected item record is an item other than a location, the Assign <Item> to Location window displays. You will need to complete the following steps.
- Reported Location – allows you to assign the selected item record to any location that you created for this field report. This includes locations on the field report form and locations created via the New Locations Manager window.
- Other Location – allows you to assign the selected item record to an existing location.
- If you selected the Reported Location option, select the location from the Reported Location list.
- If you selected the Other Location option:
- Click the button.
- Click the row for the location that you would like to assign to the item record.
- Click the Assign button.
The Pick Location window displays. For more information on the Pick Location window, see Pick Location Window.
The location name displays in the Assign <Item> to Location window.
- If you are working from the IMSMA Navigation window, click the File:ReturnReconIcon.png button.
The Information window displays confirming the field report was saved.
|Represents a tip or note for using IMSMA Mobile.||When reconciling an MRE Details item record, a new record will always be created. An MRE Details item record cannot be combined with existing MRE Details item records.|