Not Possible to Unapprove
| The Unapprove feature should NOT be used to correct or delete data because if you use Unapprove Action then all traceability and transparency are lost.
If you need to correct data, you should create a new Data Entry Form using the Update action.
If you need to delete an item, you should create a new Data Entry Form using the Delete action.
Inactive vs Active button
When the Unapprove button is inactivated then it is not possible to Unapprove that Data Entry Form. The most common reasons why it is not possible to Unapprove are:
- there are other items linked to the item
- The other items may be approved or in the workbench
- there are other Data Entry Forms that are updating the item with later dates i.e. is not the last one in an updating chain
- Example 1: an Accident was created and approved with Date of Information 2014-02-14.
- Later the Accident is updated with Date of Information 2014-02-20 and with a third Data Entry Form which has Date of Information 2014-05-05.
- It is not possible to Unapprove the Data Entry Form with 2014-02-20 due to it exists Data Entry Forms with newer Date of Information.
- the Data Entry Form is linked to another Data Entry Form but Date of Information are not chronological.
- Example 2: a Land was created and approved first with Date Of Information 2003-11-27.
- Later a QM was created and approved with link to the Land but the QM Data Entry Form has Date Of Information 2000-02-28.
- It is not possible to Unapprove QM due to the Land has newer Date of Information.
Contact your GICHD IM advisor if you would like to use Unapprove and the rules above should not preventing you from doing so.