When printing the map from IMSMA, you can customise its appearance by adding shapes, text, a legend, and scale and north indicators to the map. This customisation can be added by using the map layout toolbar.
To access the map layout toolbar, click the button from the IMSMA Navigation window toolbar.
Figure 88. Layout Toolbar
The buttons available on the map layout toolbar are described in Table 32.
How to apply a template
Map layout templates include any shapes, images, text, page setup options, scale bar, north indicator, and legend that you have added to the map view. You can apply a saved template to the map that you have displayed.
To apply a template to the current map display:
- Click the button on the Map Layout toolbar.
- The Open window displays.
- From the Open window:
- Navigate to the location of the .mxt template file that you would like to apply to the map.
- Select the .mxt template file.
- Click the Open button.
- The selected template is applied to the map.
How to save the page layout as a template
A map layout template includes any shapes, text, page setup options, images, scale bar, north indicator, or legend that you have added to the page layout.
To save a template: