The items pane of the IMSMANG Main Navigation window consists of tabs for the different items and a toolbar to the right. The buttons interact with the map. The number displayed in brackets on each item tab is the number of records for the item in the selected country structure.
There are three different types of items in the Item pane:
- Location is a special case of item since it has the link to the Country structure and contains items tabs itself
- Task which is an own type since it is neither an Auxiliary data nor an item
- the other items:
|Functions in the Items Pane|
|If you do this…||This will happen…|
|Select a record’s row||If geospatial data exists for the record, a blue circle displays on the map to show the geospatial position.|
|Double-click on item row||The Summary window opens.|
|Double-click on a Task row||The Task editor opens.|
Customising which columns is Displayed
IMSMANG allows users to customise the columns that are displayed in the item pane (and list windows). Users can choose from all data element for each item as well as several of the Location data element set. What columns each user has chosen is stored in the database.
|Because some columns takes longer time to load, users should be aware that system performance may be affected negatively by adding location fields, country structure fields and many Custom Defined Fields.|
To display item records in the items pane:
- Expand the country structure tree using the button to locate the country structure area for which you would like to view records.
- Click the name of the country structure area for which you would like to view records.
- The item tabs display active records for the selected country structure area and all country structure areas within it. Each tab in the items pane displays the number of item records listed in the tab.