Install IMSMANG Version 6
From IMSMA Wiki
The computer running IMSMANG may have one of the following operating systems:
- Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 2 or higher
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
|IMSMANG v 6.0 does not work on Windows 8, but will most likely work with Service Pack 1 that Microsoft plans to released in Q3 2013. Contact your IM Advisor at GICHD before installing IMSMANG on Windows 8 or Windows 2012.|
The computer must have:
- A minimum 800 Mhz Pentium® or Xeon® processor (inter-workstation or server), or x86-compatible processor (AMD-K7™/Athlon™/Duron™/Sempron™)
- TCP/IP support
- 10/100 Mbps network adaptor
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768, with 256+ colours
- 3 GB free disk space on C-drive
- minimum memory setting 1,024 MB
|If you are upgrading from previous IMSMA NG versions, please read the upgrade documentation first.|
Part 1. Run the IMSMA Installer
- Double-click the Install_IMSMA.exe file in the installation package.
- When the command window displays, press any key on the keyboard to continue.
- On the Language Selection window, select the language you want to use during installation and click OK.
- Navigate the Installation windows of the graphical installer as described below:
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- Select the I accept the terms of this license agreement option, and click Next.
- We strongly recommend to use the default installation path for IMSMANG. Click Next.
- If the target folder does not already exist a message will be shown, click OK.
- In the packages selection window, click Next.
- Wait for the installation progress bar to finish, then click Next.
- When the Setup Shortcuts window displays, click Next.
- When the installation has completed successfully, click Done.
- When prompted by the command window, press any key on the keyboard to continue.
|When the graphical installer has finished the focus goes back to the command window and the next steps of the installation continue so please do not close the command window.|
Part 2. Set Permissions for the Tray Launcher
- On your desktop, right-click the IMSMA Tray Launcher icon and select the Properties option.
- On the IMSMA Tray Launcher Properties window, select the Shortcut tab, then click Advanced.
- On the Advanced Properties window, check the Run as administrator checkbox, then click OK.
- On the IMSMA Tray Launcher Properties window, click OK.