Import Geospatial Data from Shapefile
To import geospatial data from the shapefile (.shp format):
- Click the button. The Open window displays
- From the Open window:
- Navigate to the directory where the file that you would like to import is located
- Select the file (.shp format)
- Double click on the file name or click the Open button
The geospatial data from the spreadsheet is appended to any existing data in the Points or Polygons table.
Shapefile Import Business Rules
Point Shapefile Import Business Rules
To import geospatial data from a point shapefile, the file must be created according to the following business rules:
- A PointID value is a mandatory field and should be provided for each point and be unique across all coordinate data listed in the Points table. It should be of Short Integer type.
- A PointType is a mandatory field and should be provided for each point. It must correspond to the Geospatial Point types list defined by IMSMA. The field should have Text type.
Download the example of the Point Shapefile File:PointImportTemplate.rar
Polygon Shapefile Import Business Rules
To import geospatial data from a polygon shapefile, the file must be created according to the following business rules:
- A Polygon attribute Table must contain PolyID field of Short Integer type.
- Coordinate Format, Coordinate System, Bearing, Distance, Point ID, Point Number, Point Type, X/Long, Y/Lat are optional to be included into the attribute table.
Download the example of the Polygon Shapefile File:PolygonImportTemplate.rar