Import Geospatial Data from Shapefile
To import geospatial data from the shapefile (.shp format):
- Click the button. The Open window displays
- From the Open window:
- Navigate to the directory where the file that you would like to import is located
- Select the file (.shp format)
- Double click on the file name or click the Open button
The geospatial data from the spreadsheet is appended to any existing data in the Points or Polygons table.
|Import Point button works to import point and polygon shapefiles.|
Shapefile Import Business Rules
To import geospatial data from a shapefile, the file must be created according to the following business rules:
- If a PointID value is not provided in the shapefile, each coordinate data will be automatically assigned a unique PointID value.
- If a PointID is provided in the shapefile, it must be unique across all coordinate data listed in the Points table and in the Polygon/Polyline Points table on the Point and Polygon/Polyline List window.
- If the coordinate data is a point on a polygon/polyline, a unique PolyID value must be provided.
- The PolyID value must be unique across all polygons/polylines data listed in the Points table and Polygon/Polyline Points table on the Point and Polygon/Polyline List window.