Draw on the Map to Specify Geographic Coordinates
From IMSMA Wiki
|Before beginning these procedures, you should ensure that the map displayed on the Navigation window is at an extent that allows you to capture the coordinates.|
To specify point and polygon coordinates by drawing on the map:
- From the Data Entry Form Editor window, click the button.
- The Point and Polygon/Polyline List window displays.
- Click the button.
- The draw-on map toolbar displays on the IMSMA Navigation window.
Draw-On Map Toolbar
- Select the type of shape for which you are specifying geospatial information from the Shape list.
- Select the type of point that you are specifying from the Point Type list.
- If you need to manipulate the map on the IMSMA Navigation window before you can capture the coordinates, change the map extent as needed.
|You may need to click the button on the toolbar of the IMSMA Navigation window after using the map controls.|
- Click the point(s) on the map for which you would like to capture the coordinates.
|If you click on the same point more than once, no distance and bearing between the points with identical coordinates will be displayed in the Polygons table.|
- Repeat steps 3–6 for each point, polygon, or polyline that you would like to enter into the Data Entry Form.
- Do one of the following:
- The draw-on map toolbar closes and the coordinates of the selected points are listed in the Points window or Polygon and Polyline Points window.
|To preview the points or polygon that you entered, click the button.|