Backup IMSMA Data
From IMSMA Wiki
To back up IMSMA data:
- Before beginning the backup process, verify that the IMSMA server and all IMSMA clients have been shut down.
- If the IMSMA Control Centre icon is not already displayed in the lower, right corner of your Window’s desktop, double-click the IMSMA Tray Launcher icon on your computer’s desktop.
- Right-click the IMSMA Control Centre icon that is displayed in the lower, right corner of your Window’s desktop.
- Select IMSMA Backup and Restore > Backup.
IMSMA Backup window
- In the IMSMA Backup window, click the button beside the Destination Directory field.
- The Open window displays.
- From the Open window:
- Navigate to the directory to which you would like to save the backup files.
- Click the Open button.
- The name of the directory displays in the Destination Directory field.
- In the Include in addition to IMSMA Database section, check the checkbox () next to each item to back up.
- If you do not check any items, only the IMSMA database will be backed up. See the following table for a description of the type of information that is backed up with each file.
|Backup File Descriptions|
|GIS Database||Contains all the GIS data such as map icons and their locations that appear in the map display. The file is located in the IMSMA_HOME\client\gis\sandbox\[active map]\map directory folder.|
|Map Data||Contains all the background geographical information (for example, rivers) that appears in the map display. The file is located in the IMSMA_HOME\server\gis\maps\[active map] folder.|
|Form Template||Contains unpublished field report templates that were created using the Form Designer and saved on the local computer. The file is located in the IMSMA_HOME\client\FormTemplates\MyTemplates folder.|
|Report Template||Contains unpublished report templates that were created using the External Reporting Tool (iReport) and saved on the local computer. The file is located in the IMSMA_HOME\iReport\IMSMA Reports folder.|
|Translations||Contains the ITerms_XX.properties, IMessage_XX.properties, and UIString_XX.properties files. The files are located in the IMSMA_HOME\client\resources\com\fgm\imsma\lexicon directory and the IMSMA_HOME\client\resources\com\fgm\util directory.|
- To reduce the size of the IMSMA database backup file, you can select to back up the database without including certain data attached to field reports such as audio, video, and other large files.
- If you do not want to back up the attachment data, check the Exclude Field Report Attachment data checkbox ().
- If you want to back up the attachment data, leave the Exclude Field Report Attachment data checkbox unchecked ().
- A window displays prompting you for the database password.
- A copy of your data is saved to the specified destination directory in a directory named with the current date and time. When the backup completes, a message window displays.
- The message window closes.