Apply a Template to the Map Page Layout
Map layout templates include any shapes, images, text, page setup options, scale bar, north indicator, and legend that you have added to the map view. You can apply a saved template to the map that you have displayed.
To apply a template to the current map display:
- Click the button on the Map Layout toolbar.
- The Open window displays.
- From the Open window:
- Change file type to All files.
- Navigate to the location of the .mxd that contains the Layout that you would like to apply to the map.
- Select the .mxd file.
- Click the Open button.
- The selected layout is applied to the map.