Add a Poly Property
Poly properties are optional values that you can assign to geospatial shapes (polygons and polylines) during Data Entry Form data entry. Poly properties are created and stored for each IMSMA item in the Data Inventory Manager. The poly properties of each item provide information relevant to the item. For example, the Land item includes poly property values that determine the status of land identification (such as Open) and the hazardous materials present (such as Mine Contamination), while the Location item includes poly properties specifying the type of location (Zone or Worksite).
Poly properties have many useful features, including the following:
- They can be used as criteria for a search of geospatial information.
- They have unique visual identities on the IMSMA map, including colours and symbols, allowing you to hide, display, or visually distinguish between geospatial shapes on the map.
Adding Poly Properties
- From the Customisation menu, select Data Inventory Manager.
- In the left pane, expand the Geospatial Info folder and select the Poly properties subfolder.
- Add edit, inactivate, and translate the custom options lists for the poly properties the same way you would other custom options.