Add a New User
From IMSMA Wiki
To add a new IMSMA user:
- From the Accounts menu, select Users.
- The User List window displays
- Click the File:Add.png button.
- The User Editor window displays.
- Enter a unique identifier for the user in the User ID field.
- Enter the name of the user in the User Name field.
- Select one of the following status options for the user:
- Active – this user account can be used to access IMSMA
- Inactive – this user account cannot be used to access IMSMA
- Enter the user password in the Password field.
|File:LightBulb.png The user ID and password are case-sensitive.|
- Re-enter the user password in the Confirm Password field
- Perform the following actions to assign roles to or remove roles from the user:
|If you want to..||Perform these steps..|
|Assign selected role(s) to a user.|| #Select the role(s) that you would like to assign to the user from the Available Roles list.
|Assign all roles to a user.||Click the File:.png button.|
|Remove selected role(s) from a user.|| #Select the role(s) that you would like to remove from the user from the Assigned Roles list.
|Remove all roles from a user.||Click the File:.png button.|
- Do one of the following:
- To add the user, click the Save button.
If the user is added successfully, the message “A new user was successfully created” displays and the user will be listed in the User List window.
The following errors may occur: