Add Form Elements to the Design Pane
All objects on the field report template are considered elements. Elements include, but are not limited to, labels, text fields, tables, option values, lines, text areas, and date selection tools. The following sections describe the procedures for adding elements to the field report template.
How to Add Report Elements
There are several data elements that can be used across all field report templates. These data elements can be found in the UNCATEGORIZED folder immediately below the Available IMSMA Data Elements folder:
- Date of Report – Used to determine whether data in the field report should overwrite the existing data for the item. Data in the field report will overwrite data in field reports that have an older Date of Report.
- Report ID – If your site has a method for identifying field reports, you can use this field to enter the report identifier.
- Reported By – This field can be used to capture information about the person entering the field report.
- Reported By Position – This field can be used to indicate the position of the person entering the field report.
How to Add an Image to the Field Report Template
The icon tool allows you to add a .jpg or .gif to the report template.
To add an image to the field report template:
- Expand the Tool Folder.
- Under the Tool Folder, click the Icon Tool option.
- While holding down the mouse button, drag the Icon Tool to the form design pane.
- Click the Properties button.
- The Component Property Editor window displays.
- From the Component Property Editor window, click the Choose button.
- Navigate to the location of the image that you would like to add to the field report template.
- From the Open window, select the image file.
- Click the Open button.
- Click the Submit button.
- The image is placed on the field report template.