Add Country Structure
From IMSMA Wiki
|To add to the Country structure, your IMSMANG user account must belong to a User Role that has permission Country structure with Read and Write level. Contact your IMSMANG Administrator if you have questions on permissions.|
| The Country structure Levels must be created before you can add Country structure nodes to IMSMANG. For information on adding Levels, see Add levels.
If you have not yet defined the top-level Country structure, the following message displays
To add a country structure:
- In the Data Entry menu → Country Structure.
- Select the node of the parent to the Country structure that you would like to add.
- Click the button.
- Enter the name in the primary language of the Mine Action Programme in the Name field.
- Enter the official Country structure ID e.g. the Pcode.
- Alternative names may be used and common reasons are:
- more than one language in the country
- the Mine Action Programme would like to use English and one or more local languages
- an alternative way of referring to the nodes exists
The order is Country Structure name / Alternative name 1 / Alternative name 2.
There is no limitation of number of alternative names.
To Add the alternate names:
|The label associated with the field will depend on the level of the Country structure that you are adding e.g. Province or Commune|
|The field Country structure ID has been added to the Editor window|
|Setting the Country structure ID will facilitate future updates of the Country structure e.g. when Municipalities are merged or moved to another District|
|Entering Geospatial Data|
|If you want to…||Refer to…|
|Manually add geospatial points or polygon/polyline points||Manual Geospatial Data Entry.|
|Draw on the map to specify point, polygon, and polyline coordinates||Draw on the Map to Specify Geographic Coordinates.|
|Import geospatial data from Excel||Import Geospatial Data from Excel.|
|Import geospatial data from shapefile||Import Geospatial Data from Shapefile.|
|You can preview the points that you have entered on a map by clicking the button.|
- In the IMSMA Navigation window, set the map extent for the country structure. For example, use the or icons on the toolbar to set the extent.
- From the Country Structure Editor window, click the button.
- Follow the instructions in the Map Extent window.
- When the extent of the Map pane is the desired, click the Capture button. The Country Structure Editor window’s Preferred Map Extent field changes to Captured.
|If a map extent has been specified for the Country structure then the map will be centered based on the map extent. If there is no map extent set then the geopoint number 1 is used|