|| Note that these procedures are done outside of IMSMANG. The recommended maximum size of the background map is 2 GB. If you would need a clean background map then you may download it from Downloads.
All modifications to the IMSMANG background maps must be performed in an external GIS application such as ArcMap 10.1.
- Copy all layers to a folder ouside the C:\IMSMAng folder.
- Change the .MXD file as needed. Example of edits:
- Set minimum and maximum display levels for each layer
- Add, modify, and delete raster and vector layers
- Change the map coordinate system
- Create pyramids for raster layers
- Change colours and styles
- Add, modify, or delete labels from vector layers
- Group and ungroup layers
- Although an external GIS application allows you to make other changes to the map, the changes listed above are the ones that can be viewed with IMSMANG.
- Verify that all layers and the map frame has the same projection.
- Save the .MXD file with a new name. Remember to use relative path to data sources in the map document (mxd).
|| IMSMANG may only use mxd files that are created in 10.1 format. In ArcMap use Save a copy and choose ArcMap 10.1 and ArcMap 10.2 format.
- Import the new .MXD file.
- Test the new .MXD with IMSMANG and evaluate performance.
- Share the new .MXD file and all layer files.