Installation package for IMSMA NG is not working
From IMSMA Wiki
This workaround is for cases when the installation package i.e. Install_IMSMA.exe does start but the graphical installer does not.
The reasons why that the installation package does not may be:
- the installation package was damaged when uploading/downloading
- not all parts of a multi-part the installation packages have been downloaded/unzipped together
- permission problems
- not possible for the installation program to create folders on C-drive
- the computer have problems with jar-files
- files have been deleted by anti-virus software. The installation folder should contain 12 files
- Close the Command window created by install_IMSMA.exe.
- Run manually jre-7u5-windows-i586.exe in the installation package which will install Java.
- Open a new Command window as administrator and go to where installation package is e.g. E:\IMSMA_6.0 and type imsma-installer.jar.
- Click on Enter. The graphical installer will start. Run it as normal.
- If you are getting error messages e.g. IMSMA NG folder cannot be created then create the folder manually and try again to finish the graphical installer.
- After the graphical installer has finished, try to run install_IMSMA.exe again, hopefully the PostgreSQL service will be created.
- If not, follow the instructions in on how to manually create PostgreSQL service.
- Create environment variable JAVA_HOME = c:\program files\java\jre7
- Create environment variable IMSMA_HOME=c:\imsmang
- Restart the computer.
- Check that PostgreSQL service is started.
- Manually start the ArcEngine installation from C:\IMSMAng\trayLauncher\exe\ArcGISEngine.
- Manually start the Kiwix installations from C:\IMSMAng\trayLauncher\exe\Kiwix\install.
- Manually copy the fonts (see instructions in Installation guide).
- Check the ArcEngine license (see instructions in Installation guide).
- Create an initial database with C:\IMSMAng\database\ install_initial.bat (see instructions in Installation guide).
- Start TrayLauncher, IMSMA server and IMSMA client.
|There is an Java error during installation error that has occurred during the execution of graphical installer.|