Add values to enumeration list
|The values Ferrimagnetic and Titanomagnetites are added.||The other fields that uses the same enumeration list are also affected.|
Before adding values to enumeration lists:
- consult the Data Dictionary
- look up which enumeration list/category is used
- consult the page Enumeration categories and verify that the category that you are about to update is not listed.
- is it possible to edit slightly the translation of an existing enumeration value instead of adding a value?
As an example the field Type of Infrastructure Blocked which used the enumeration list/category InfrastructureBlock will be used.
- In the Customisation menu → Data Inventory Manager.
- In the left pane of the Data Inventory Manager window, expand the item and data category where the the field is which uses the enumeration list.
- In the right pane, click the row associated with the field that you would like to add a enumeration value to.
- Only system fields of types Multiple Select or Single Select use enumeration lists.
- Click the button.
- As an example: it has been decided that Medical Facility is not detailed enough. Health Care Center and Hospital should be used instead.
- In the Custom Options List window, click the button.
- Enter the option in the Option field. The value can be maximum 50 characters and can contain letters and numbers. Other characters should be avoided.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat until all values are added.
- In this example the next step is to inactivate the value Medical facility.
Custom Options List Window
| Adding a value to an enumeration list will not automatically update existing Data Entry Form Templates that use the enumeration list.
If the enumeration list/category that you would like to add a value to are used by more than one field and the value(s) you would like to add is not suitable for all affected fields