IMSMA NG Training Levels
This page describes the various training courses and realated qualification level that currently exist for IMSMANG. Training courses provided by the GICHD are advertised few months before the actual training dates on the GICHD Calendar of Events.
User level description
User training is mostly provided in-country by IMSMA administrators holding an A1 certificate. User training is only occasionally provided by the GICHD. The aim of the user training is to train people in using the IMSMA application, i.e. get familiar with the application, enter data, search for data, and get familiar with built-in GIS functionalities.
User level 1 (U1) is staff who occasionally need to browse, search and print information from IMSMANG using reports or maps that are created by an administrator.
User level 2 (U2) is data entry staff and staff involved in operational planning / tasking.
User level 3 (U3) is staff that participates in the data quality and data approval processes.
Administrator Level 1 description
The course provides an opportunity for Mine Action stakeholders to enhance the capacity of Information Management (IM) personnel in national mine action programmes to administer the IMSMANG application and to provide effective Information Management services to their organisations.
On a managerial level, the objectives of the course are to
- Acquire knowledge on IM principles and concepts
- Understand the importance of identifying information requirements prior to designing Data Entry forms
- Gain awareness of the need to communicate and coordinate with strategic and operational personnel within their respective organisations.
On a technical level, the objectives of the course are to
- Learn how to install, use and administer IMSMANG
- Customize IMSMA according to the programmes’ needs and in coordination with operations and programme management.
This course is intended for participants from National Mine Action Programmes and their Operating Partners who are or will be posted to Information Management positions within their respective organisations. It is important that participants of this course have strong technical database skills and team or project management skills.